Sunday, October 2, 2011

Katherine's first Acrylic Painting


Here's the actual still life that I set up for Katherine. I had to buy the vegetables for three consecutive weeks (except for the onions) for her to see and paint although we did have pictures; the light and colors are different from the pictures. 




Here's the beautiful still life painting by Katherine. She understands light and dark; she knows what to bring out and what to diminish in the scene; and she looks at the objects in relation to the surroundings. Although this was her first attempt to use acrylics, it looks like she's been painting for years! I'm excited about her next project that she's working on; I'll make sure to post that too. Very proud of her work ethic.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see what Katherine does next!

    ReplyDelete