Thursday, October 4, 2012

Dragon Fly and Yarn Painted Tree


Did you know that dragonflies are some of the first winged insect to evolve, some 300 million years ago? 

I remember I used to catch dragonflies to observe how they look like when I was little. But had I known better, I would have done it a little differently. Dragonflies only eat prey they catch while flying. If their wings are hurt, they can't fly, and so they will starve. 

I love dragonflies-among many reasons-because they control on mosquitoes' population! A single dragonfly can eat 30 to hundreds per day!


Here are some beautiful examples of dragonflies with yarn painted trees. The yarn painting was first introduced by the Huichol people of Mexico, and I learned this from an art blog, that artist woman. It's exciting to see everyone's dragonfly, yarn painted tree, and the background are all different. Awesome job, everyone!

Jei (6yrs)

Brandon (7yrs)

Leah (7yrs)

Leah (7yrs)

Sarah (6yrs)

Hailey (6yrs)

Jei (6yrs)

Emily (6yrs)

Brandon (10 yrs)

Jonathan (6yrs)

Jonathan (6yrs)

No comments:

Post a Comment